You have an eye for detail and the steely nerves of a ruthless typo executioner. You sleep with a style guide under your pillow. Punctuation is everything.
POP seeks a part-time freelance Proofreader/Copy Editor to help with a variety of projects. We are looking for someone who is an attentive creative professional and produces flawless work. They are both flexible and open-minded about protecting the creative spirit of a given piece. The proofreader must ensure that all materials leaving the agency are clear, consistent, complete and credible. Their work is grammatically correct, and aligned with brand standards. They carefully track all changes against master and client documentation, making it easy for others to address their corrections. Hardworking, focused, and fast, the Proofreader is comfortable working under tight deadlines and never loses their cool—or their sense of humor.
What You’ll Do
- Be an authority on Elements of Style and The Chicago Manual of Style
- Good at switching gears quickly across projects, accounts and brands
- Passionate about helping great ideas stay on brand and on style
- Versed in the specific needs and demands of digital media
What We’re Looking For
- Minimum 5 years' experience in digital and social communications
- Digital or ad agency experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A degree in English, journalism, communication or a related field preferred