Director, Business Development
You love to win.You hate to lose.
You thrive when you’re tackling the complex client problems of today’s digital and experiential world. You look at everything as an opportunity to further our client’s and POP’s mandates, make a lasting impact on our industry and bring in work that our teams are built to crush. You do this all in the spirit of competition, winning and partnership. You work hard. You’re professional. You stay humble.
The Director, Business Development role is responsible for leading cross-functional teams through successful pitch processes that result in wins. The Director, Business Development reports directly to our Chief Growth Officer (CGO) and works closely with all leadership and teams to grow the company through the use of relevant resources, connections and partnerships. Using a credible, audacious and solution-oriented approach, the Director, Business Development will win business for POP in line with the company’s strategic and growth goals.
What You’ll Do
- Lead cross-functional teams through successful pitch processes that result in wins.
- Interface with prospective clients, assess initial opportunities, define strategic imperatives and win-themes, partner with internal stakeholders to produce pitch deliverables, and produce written responses to client briefs (e.g. ad-hoc, RFI’s, RFP’s, in-room presentations, etc.)
- Maximize each team’s ability to learn and grow client business by defining strategic imperatives, casting and inspiring the team, keeping the team focused and motivated throughout the pitch process, choreographing and rehearsing to ‘pitch-perfect’ delivery.
- Work closely with the Chief Growth Officer (CGO) in the optimization of our new business strategy, approach, and operations, including opportunity qualification, pitch asset development and management, pipeline reporting, etc.
- Work closely with all members of the Senior Leadership and Director’s Teams to ensure healthy, ongoing partnerships.
- Leverage your established network in the service of our vision, agency growth and cutting-edge client solutions.
What We’re Looking For
- 7-10 years of relevant business development and digital marketing experience - preferably at a consulting firm, marketing agency, brand or a unique combination of the three.
- Demonstrable track record of earning work from new clients and growing relationships within an organic portfolio of clients.
- Ability to inspire and drive a diverse group of people, in matrixed relationships, to deliver world-class thinking, solutioning and creative on short deadlines.
- Strong functional knowledge in the areas of Marketing, Digital Strategy, Digital Customer Experience and Digital Marketing and Experience Technology.
- Effective communication skills including written, verbal and presentation, with a true passion for the craft of how a story looks (fluent in Keynote and PowerPoint in particular)
- Strong client network/references up to and including C-Level executives.