We are looking for a Strategy Director role at POP who will work across a wide variety of our client businesses including consumer, technology, financial and many more. You bring both business savvy and a passion for leveraging creative, technology, and data to transform the way our clients go to market as well as tell their brand stories.
You will work directly with leaders across our agency disciplines to bring insight, research and provide a framework for our approach to innovative problem solving. You are someone who can identify transformative insights and weave them into powerful strategic stories. This role will inspire big ideas and get us to great work that works effectively for our clients and their brands.
What You’ll Do
- Lead our strategic thinking on client projects, rallying our team around a vision for what’s possible and how to elevate our client work
- Identify and define key brand, consumer, competitive and communication challenges along user journeys, and how we can address them in innovative ways
- Rigorous research and analysis of clients and their customer and communication ecosystems
- Writing effective integrated briefs and working directly with creative teams, data analysts and technologists to develop strong ideas that are effectively deployed via smart digital experiences
- Tight collaboration with our data team to spot strategic opportunities, fuel creativity, and measure/track the impact of our work before making optimization recommendations
- Driving overall thought leadership within the Strategy department for internal inspiration and understanding, as well as client learning and development
- 4 to 8 years of digital agency and or marketing communications experience, preferably working in an Account Planning/Brand & Strategy role
- Smart and efficient research skills, always looking in unexpected places for the answer
- A critical thinker with the tenacity to sort the good from the great and champion the best ideas all the way through to the final solution
- A passion for user centric strategic thinking and the smarts to turn that into action
- The ability to understand the needs of consumers and target audience behaviors
- Strong familiarity and comfort with digital + social strategy/media analytics and aligning strategies with business needs across all channels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are POP. We work hard. We’re professional. We stay humble. We are coders and craftspeople, as hardworking and eclectic as the city itself. We believe that how something works is as important as how it looks. We build things better than they need to be. We value craft over hype. We partner with brands that value ideas over egos. Pioneers at heart and stoic to the core.
What’s In It for You
POP offers competitive compensation and full benefits. We pay 100% of the healthcare premiums for all our employees. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision, Short & Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, AD&D, Life Insurance, and 401k with employer match.
We host many annual celebrations for employees and family members to show love for POPsters. Additionally, each year, we offer generous paid time off, an extended winter break, and recognize individuals for 10 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we believe in the importance of work/life balance!
POP is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment. POP will not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to [email protected]