Enterprise Data Architect
Enterprise Data ArchitectPlex Systems® delivers industry-leading ERP, MES, and Industrial IoT solutions to manufacturers across process and discrete industries. Plex pioneered cloud solutions for the production line, connecting suppliers, machines, people, systems, data, and customers with capabilities that are easy to configure, deliver continuous innovation, and reduce IT costs.
Plex is a rapidly growing software company consistently recognized as a top workplace. In support of our ongoing growth, we are looking for an Enterprise Data Architect to help analyze, define and implement our enterprise data model and the processes that build it. There are new, disruptive forces in today’s manufacturing environment where we need to be ready to capitalize on opportunities. Integrating augmented/mixed reality, voice, IIoT and new levels of automation to name a few, while maintaining scale, stability and performance. Sound fun? It does to us too!
Preferred location is Troy, MI, but remote locations (with travel) will be considered for the right candidate.
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related area or equivalent industry experience
- Demonstrated success in the design, development and evolution of enterprise-level data assets that support business intelligence, advanced analytics, reporting and data science applications
- 5+ years data modeling and data warehousing experience
- Hands-on experience with modern data platforms (examples: Hadoop/HDFS, Parquet, Cassandra, Hive, Kafka, Spark, HBase)
- Knowledge of Lambda and Kappa data architecture patterns
- Create semantically-rich logical models that define the business domains in a technology-agnostic way
- Manage the data model lifecycle from requirements, design, implementation, maintenance and sunset
- Look for data reuse and single source of truth, finding the appropriate balance between centralization and federation
- Prior experience transforming and analyzing streaming data
- Ability to grasp, in depth, the data needs of the business, and align those needs to the enterprise data model
- Assist developers and data engineers to correctly implement and maintain the enterprise data model as designed
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to establish relationships with peers remotely
- Strong focus on data quality, durability and resource/cost optimization
- Team-centered mindset and ability to work with remotely distributed teams
- Willing to work hard to help build our growing company
- A sense of humor!
- A passion for AI and ML
- Experience with DevOps processes including CI/CD and Infrastructure as Code principles
- Experience with Master Data Management and Data Catalogs
We are proud to be recognized as one of the top workplaces in the tech industry. In fact, it’s Plex employees themselves who say our company is a great place to work. We’ve created an inviting workspace that fosters a culture of collaboration, innovation, and excitement. Some of the things our employees enjoy include:
- Competitive wages
- Generous benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance, & 401(k) matching program
- Very generous PTO/paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health club dues reimbursement
- Sustainable work-life balance and flexibility
- Our multiple locations offer a casual-dress workplace, complimentary food and drink, and “de-stress areas” complete with video games, ping pong tables, and more
We’re looking for high-skilled, passionate people to help us do something daring, difficult, and incredibly rewarding. If you’re ready to be inspired, solve problems, grow professionally, and unleash your talent…then apply today. You’re what’s next.
More about Plex Systems
With insight from the shop floor to the top floor, the Plex Manufacturing Cloud® helps companies see and understand every aspect of their business ecosystems, enabling them to transform their businesses and lead with precision, efficiency, and agility in an ever-changing market. Learn more at www.plex.com.