Assistant Manager - Vero
The Assistant Manager will be responsible for assisting in the oversight of gym operations to ensure an exceptional “Judgement Free” member experience as well as a financially successful club.
Shift/Hours per week: Monday – Wednesday 1p-9p; Thursday 11a-7p; Saturday 7a-3p
Pay rate: $13/hr
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, training and developing a high performing staff consisting of Member Service Representatives, Trainers and Custodians.
- Assist in maintaining a welcoming atmosphere for all members, prospective members and guests and ensuring staff follows superior customer service guidelines.
- Assist with Staff Management and provide backup support to Club Manager as needed.
- Assist in scheduling and supervising staff.
- Member service oversight - Ensuring staff is providing a superior customer experience at all times.
- Assist in resolving or escalating employee issues or concerns.
- Involved in all front desk related activities including:
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- Check members into the system.
- New member sign-up.
- Take prospective members on tours.
- Facilitate all member requests, issues and questions.
- Assist in overseeing cleanliness and maintenance of facility.
- Assist in ordering of supplies using specific budget based on club requirements.
- Assist in tracking statistics and reports (weekly, monthly, and annually).
- Backup support for any employee who is absent.
- Superior customer service skills
- Solid supervisory, diplomacy and listening skills
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Suite)
- Hard working, enthusiastic and energetic!
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Current CPR Certification required
- High school diploma/GED equivalent required
- Must be 18 year of age or older
- Continual standing and walking during shift
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift
- Must be able to occassionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift