Recruitment and HR Advisor
About the Role:
At PitchBook, our candidates and employees are our customers, and customers are king! The People Team supports the entire employee journey from attracting candidates to retaining and developing our employees. We work to foster a culture of collaboration, growth and inclusion by developing and executing employee centric programs that are as impactful as they are fun. Our goal is to make the jobs of our coworkers easier by doing ours with a passion.
PitchBook’s Recruitment & Talent Manager will support our growing London office by providing best in class recruitment and HR support that positively impacts candidate and employee experience. You will work in partnership with the Global People Team to manage full-cycle recruiting, day-to-day HR operations and various people initiatives and projects.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Own recruiting for the London PitchBook office, including working with hiring managers, sourcing and screening candidates, scheduling interviews, facilitating onsite candidate-related activities, negotiating and extending offers and providing a positive candidate experience.
- Build strong relationships and regularly meet with managers to effectively advise on candidate decisions and employee issues.
- Coach hiring teams on how to optimize recruiting, interviewing and hiring processes.
- Consistently meet or exceed recruiting and talent goals and expectations.
- Analyze recruiting activity and report on progress with hiring teams and recruiting leadership.
- Deliver new hire orientation and oversee first day new hire activities in partnership with the Employee Development team, hiring managers and Facilities.
- Act as point of contact for employee benefit, policy and process questions and concerns.
- Manage employee relations and performance issues in partnership with the Global People Team.
- Conduct exit interviews and manage the separation process following up with action items and feedback as appropriate.
- Coordinate with parent company’s local HR team on certain onboarding, benefit and employee relations issues.
- Ensure compliance with local employment laws and corporate policies as related to recruitment and employment activities.
- In partnership with Employee Engagement Specialist and Facilities, assist in coordinating engaging office events that support the culture of PitchBook.
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors.
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible HR Generalist and Recruitment experience including full-cycle recruiting, employee relations, employee benefits and employee communication.
- Experience working within an ATS and HRIS system; Jobvite and Workday experience a bonus.
- Has excellent instincts and can screen candidates for technical and cultural fit before presenting the most highly qualified candidates to the hiring teams.
- Strong working knowledge of UK employment law and HR processes.
- Process-oriented, organized, metrics-driven with an amazing attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to present material to groups in person and via the phone.
- Ability to handle confidential information discreetly and protect employee privacy.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member in a matrixed and fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily.
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world’s meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape—including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people—so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.