Manager, East Coast Sales Development
In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in New York, Seattle, San Francisco, London and Mumbai. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry’s leading source of private market data, serving more than 4,000 clients around the world.
PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it’s something we work on every day.
Located in the Flatiron District, our NYC office is a major driver of PitchBook’s growth and production. Building on a rich tradition—but emphasizing innovation—the office shares characteristics with PitchBook and the financial technology industry itself. The reimagined space offers a warm, vibrant environment while fostering collaboration and camaraderie for our hard-working team. Our NYC office presents an opportunity to be part of a truly disruptive financial data provider in the heart of the financial universe.
About the Role:
Are you looking to grow your career in sales management? Are you passionate about exceeding sales metrics and constantly working to identify better ways to increase success? PitchBook is seeking a motivated Manager for our Sales Development team to help recruit, train, and lead our team of talented and energetic representatives.
The Manager, Sales Development will report to the Manager of Inside Sales and will oversee a New York Sales Development team at PitchBook.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Hire and lead a team of Sales Development Representatives
- Mentor, train, and report to set KPIs
- Assist in the adjustment/creation of marketing campaigns, training (continual and onboarding), and additional KPIs
- Manage team output by monitoring lead flow, daily activities, and quality of opportunities created
- Work closely with our Account Executive team on understanding the value of opportunities to train on quality
- Provide support in a group and one on one setting
- Motivate the team and support the culture we have created here at PitchBook
- Compile weekly and monthly team reports
- A Bachelor’s degree (required) in business or a relevant field with at least one (1) year of professional management or team lead experience, ideally in a sales capacity
- Previous experience building relationships with senior level executives
- Experience with Salesforce.com or a similar CRM, as well as Outreach or other workflow tools.
- Willingness to learn our sophisticated yet elegant SaaS-based platform
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to effectively interact with management of the Seattle and London Sales Development Representatives
- Recruiting and team development experience
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world’s meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape—including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people—so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.