Account Manager, Small Medium Business
In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York and London. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry’s leading source of private market data, serving more than 3,000 clients around the world.
As a four-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it’s something we work on every day.
Our primary home for the last decade, PitchBook’s Seattle office has grown from humble beginnings in a 200-square-foot windowless room to our current three-floor home in a downtown skyscraper. Located just blocks away from Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square, our headquarters boast stunning mountain views, open collaboration spaces and a startup culture that emphasizes hard work and camaraderie. Working in our Seattle office means growing your career alongside smart, dedicated people in the city where it all began.
About the Role:
“Customers are King!" Each and every day the Customer Success Team works to ensure that are clients are maximizing the value they are receiving from PitchBook. Onboarding, training, support, business development and renewals are handled by the Customer Success team. We believe in doing whatever it takes to make our customers successful and the Customer Success team drives that success every day.
As an Account Manager for SMB accounts, you’ll be responsible for all aspects of your client’s experience with PitchBook. Account Managers onboard, train, engage, grow and renew their book of clients. You will be dedicated to maximizing the value your clients receive from PitchBook by building relationships with key decision makers.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Acts as the go-to product expert for a dedicated portfolio of clients to ensure they derive value from the PitchBook platform
- Onboards new users and conducts training sessions designed to meet the individual business needs of each client
- Reviews customer health and usage data to identify opportunities to improve adoption
- Proactively goes above and beyond to ensure client satisfaction throughout the entire client lifecycle
- Manages the renewal and upgrade process with each of their assigned accounts
- Has great verbal and written communication skills with a keen eye for detail
- Has an appreciation for the PE / VC marketplace and the ability to learn, comprehend, and demonstrate, why and how each of our client types engages with our product and our data
Skills and Qualifications:
- Great verbal and written communication skills with a keen eye for detail
- An appreciation for the PE / VC marketplace and the ability to learn, comprehend, and demonstrate, why and how each of our client types engages with our product and our data
- Ideally will have at least two (2) years of account management experience
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRMs
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- A BA/BS degree
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world’s meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape—including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people—so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.