Senior Analyst, Fund Strategies and Performance
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,000 global employees with offices worldwide, and we’re not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we’re committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
Our Analyst team is looking to hire a senior analyst to join our Seattle-based research and data analyst function. As a valued team member, you’ll hone your existing analytical skills, develop meaningful insight into a fascinating industry, and contribute to our private equity, venture capital and M&A research. This role will specifically focus on the intersection of limited partners and general partners (LP-GP), providing research that evaluates fund strategies, LP commitments, fee structures and fund performance, among other areas. The notes and reports this team produces are utilized by many of the largest private capital investors, investment banks and service providers globally. Our team is creative, driven and focused on providing the most actionable research to our readers and clients.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Conduct research and analysis across fund strategies and performance in the private capital markets. Research areas include:
- Fund formations and strategies
- Performance measurement and fund benchmarking
- Fund cash flow modeling studies
- Manager fee structures
- Establish research frameworks to provide independent commentary, evaluations and forecasts around our primary coverage areas, while identifying unique themes that may impact private capital markets
- Utilize proprietary PitchBook data, the internet, newspapers, academic white papers, public and private company research notes, trade journals, trade shows and economic indicator forecasts, etc. to inform and develop actionable analysis
- Write and edit research reports as directed by research pipeline and publishing calendar
- Manage direct-to-client distribution channels for published notes
- Maintain and update research information resources
- Work closely with data analysis team to identify unique data points to support research, while also identifying unique tables and graphs that can clearly illustrate that information
- Develop and manage relationships with both client and non-client industry professionals to help support primary research efforts
- Manage and respond to inquiries from clients, press, internal colleagues and the general public regarding published research
Skills and Qualifications:
- BA/BS in Finance, Business Administration or Economics preferred. Strong understanding of financial concepts such as valuation techniques (DCF, comps, etc.), LBOs, IRRs, asset allocations, etc.
- 3-5+ years’ experience in equity research, private equity, venture capital, investment management or LP investment analysis preferred
- Strong interest in private equity, venture capital, growth equity and M&A
- Critical thinker
- Detail oriented / analytical mindset
- Strong writing ability
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excel proficiency a plus
- Experience in SQL PitchBook Platform &/or other financial databases a plus
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.