Social Media Marketing Manager
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,000 global employees with offices worldwide, and we’re not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we’re committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
PitchBook is looking for a creative, agile and detail-oriented social media manager to drive awareness and interest in our key segment markets via our various social channels. In this role you’ll be responsible for our overall social media strategy, with the goal of developing and growing each channel, developing an engaged community for PitchBook product and services, and helping establish us as an innovative thought leader in our market. You should apply having a strong understanding of social media today, with the experience to help us drive awareness for our brand over the competition. We’re not looking for someone who’s buried in their phone all day--we need you to be integrated into the team on our messaging, the customers we get to serve, and the products our team continues to produce.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Own our paid & organic social strategy
- Plan, develop and execute our social media editorial calendar in conjunction with other departments, our key themes, other digital strategies, product launches, and key moments in time for our customers
- Work with our marketing, product, CS, editorial, and sales teams to create stories that engage our community, increase the awareness and positive perception of the PitchBook brand, and drive interest and consideration of our products and solutions
- Develop and execute strategies that drive conversations and interaction with influencers in our industry, potential prospects, and current customers
- Craft and execute social engagement strategies based on our key messages, content, successes, and points of view in the marketplace
- When it’s necessary, you’ll be on point to monitor and respond quickly to customer inquiries across our social channels
- Manage and grow PitchBook’s social media accounts and communities across all major social media platforms
- At the core your job is to increase social media engagement in our community, grow our channels and traffic, and contribute to overall lead generation strategies
- Define the metrics and KPIs to measure the success and impact of social efforts across channels. Analyze social media campaigns/programs, share results, and improve content and performance
Skills and Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree or higher
- 3-5 years of working experience; 2 years in a similar role (B2B experience a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and help us get to work
- You know how to tell a story through the various social mediums
- Strong sense of ownership of the social media strategy for the company
- Know how to communicate with the audience you’re connecting to on the channel your engaging in
- Strong understanding of the ins and outs of all of the major social channels-- Facebook, IG, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Extremely detail oriented by nature (you double and triple check things)
- Self-motivated and driven, but not afraid to ask questions, seek help or get others’ input
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, within a high-growth company
- You should also have experience working with some of the main social insights tools: Hootsuite, GA, Facebook Insights, Instagram Insights, Twitter Insights, SproutSocial, or similar tools
- You’re able to work independently, strike when you see an opportunity, and ensure your work is always aligned with the goals of the marketing team
Nice to have:
- Adobe photoshop/design experience a plus as there will be times when social cards need to be created and updated quickly to allow us to respond in a timely manner
PitchBook provides transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world’s meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports. Our focus has always been—and will always be—our clients. What data matters most to them? What would make their jobs easier? How can we help them make informed decisions?
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.