At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity, and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. In just over 10 years, PitchBook has grown into a 1000+ person organization serving tens of thousands of users within the financial industry. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
Consistently recognized by multiple journals as a Best Place to Work in Seattle, our culture is at the heart of our success. We are centered on excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook and we’re committed to fostering a collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
As a UX Manager at PitchBook you will help lead efforts to build amazing products that impact the decisions shaping our global economy. You will contribute to a positive environment that encourages creativity while assisting in the delivery and fulfillment of product goals. Since the beginning compelling UX has been part of our company’s DNA and this role’s focus is to continue that mission.
Come join a team that supports and challenges each other to make better products every day. At PitchBook, the UX Manager, is responsible for leading and building a strong design team. You will mentor and coach team members and team leads on a full range of user research techniques, product design thinking, interaction design, and visual design skills. Your team’s work will impact our core platform, office plug-ins, and data collection technologies while leveraging machine learning and data-driven analytics to create next-generation user experiences.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Lead UX Design teams from discovery to post-launch optimization
- Coach designers and design team leads across two product groups
- Drive the quarterly and bi-weekly processes for scoping, estimating, and allocating projects
- Drive design thinking and encourage design-focused problem-solving.
- Grow team members and create opportunities for leadership and mentorship
- Manage a cadence of design reviews to ensure quality and project velocity
- Regularly review designs and research across multiple projects, knowing when to dive deep
- Collaboratively maintain and expand upon UX standards and best practices
- Identify hiring needs to meet plans and own the recruiting process to identify top talent
- Effectively translate strategy and vision into clear objectives with measurable outcomes
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, data science, engineering, and marketing to ensure a smooth product development process that continues to improve
- Facilitate team meetings, workshops, and leadership reviews
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least five (5) years of people management experience on a Design team
- At least Eight (8) years of design experience across all areas of design
- Expert knowledge of modern design best practices for SaaS applications
- A portfolio of work demonstrating strong interaction design, product thinking, & visual design skills
- Experience leading full life-cycle design projects, from design strategy through execution
- Ability to balance multiple projects, prioritize, and create alignment across departments
- Strong analytical skills; use qualitative and quantitative data to make product decisions
- Ability to clearly communicate decisions and how they move our team forward
- Driven, passionate, and able to effectively influence and move teams forward
- Experience with analytical, financial, or machine learning driven products
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook we want to hear from you! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.