Product Manager, M&A Solutions
In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York, London and Mumbai. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry’s leading source of private market data, serving more than 4,000 clients around the world.
As a five-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it’s something we work on every day.
Our primary home for the last decade, PitchBook’s Seattle office is located just blocks away from Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square. Our headquarters boast stunning mountain views, open collaboration spaces and a startup culture that emphasizes hard work and camaraderie. Working in our Seattle office means growing your career alongside smart, dedicated people in the city where it all began.
About the Role:
The PitchBook team is looking for a Product Manager to join the Public Data team. Investment banks, private equity groups, venture capital firms and corporate development groups leverage PitchBook’s public market data and research for due diligence, valuation analysis, and general company intelligence.
If you have proven experience shipping great products and are passionate about investing, equity research, and finance – we would love to hear from you!
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Gather requirements and create detailed functional specifications to deliver strong business value
- Prioritize, track, coordinate and communicate on projects, issues and tasks with internal stakeholders including the Sales team, Marketing team, and the Leadership team
- Work closely with user research, design, and engineering to execute and deliver on project goals
- Contribute and execute the equity data roadmap. Articulate the vision based on a deep understanding of clients, their workflows and business objectives
- Support pre and post launch activities, including participating in client calls & training
- Continuously improve our external and internal deliverables, and operational processes
- Collaborate with all internal and external partners to facilitate projects
- Build customer empathy through in-depth client interview and other market research techniques
- Bachelor’s degree or similar experience with strong academic performance in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Finance or Accounting
- Bias for action. Willingness to roll up the sleeves and do what is necessary to meet team goals
- 3-5 years of customer facing product management experience. Experience defining and shipping digital solutions
- Experience gathering customer-centric requirements and writing functional design specification documents
- Superior analytical, interpersonal, and project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Chartered Financial Analyst or candidate preferred
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world’s meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape—including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people—so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.