At Pitchbook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,000 global employees with offices worldwide, and we’re not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we’re committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
Our Research Analyst group is looking to hire an Analyst to join our venture team. As a valued team member you’ll hone your existing analytical skills, develop meaningful insight into a fascinating industry, and contribute to our venture capital research. The notes and reports this team produces are utilized by many of the largest private capital investors, investment banks and service providers globally. Our team is creative, driven and focused on providing the most actionable research to our readers and clients.
For examples of content the team has created:
2Q 2019 Venture Monitor: https://files.pitchbook.com/website/files/pdf/2Q_2019_PitchBook_NVCA_Venture_Monitor.pdf
Pursuit of Growth Turns Outward: https://files.pitchbook.com/website/files/pdf/PitchBook_2Q_2019_Analyst_Note_Pursuit_of_Growth_Turns_Outward.pdf
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Conduct research and analysis across the venture capital industry, as well as trends in venture debt markets, the innovation economy and other relevant spaces
- Establish research frameworks to provide independent commentary, evaluations and forecasts around our primary coverage areas, while identifying unique themes that may impact venture markets
- Utilize proprietary PitchBook data, newspapers, academic white papers, public and private company research notes, trade journals and economic indicator forecasts, etc. to inform and develop actionable analysis
- Manage research pipeline and analyst workflow
- Write and edit research reports as directed by team pipeline and publishing calendar
- Manage direct-to-client distribution channels for published notes
- Maintain and update research information resources
- Work closely with data analysis team to identify unique data points to support research, while also identifying insightful tables and graphs that can clearly illustrate that information
- Develop and manage relationships with both client and non-client industry professionals to help support primary research efforts
- Manage and respond to inquiries from clients, press, internal colleagues and the general public regarding published research
Skills and Qualifications:
- BA/BS in Finance, Business Administration or Economics preferred. Strong understanding of financial concepts such as valuation techniques (DCF, comps, etc.), market sizing, IRRs, asset allocations, fund benchmarks, KPIs etc.
- 1-3 years’ experience in Equity Research, Investment Banking, Venture Capital, Private Equity or other related financial services role
- Strong interest in venture capital and growth equity
- Critical thinker
- Detail oriented / analytical mindset
- Strong writing ability
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excel proficiency
- Experience in SQL, PitchBook Platform &/or other financial databases a plus
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.