Account Manager, Middle Market
In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in San Francisco, Seattle, New York, London and Mumbai. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry’s leading source of private market data, serving more than 4,000 clients around the world.
PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it’s something we work on every day.
Located in San Francisco's Financial District, our newest office is well-positioned to serve the tech and venture ecosystems in Silicon Valley and beyond. Our team embodies the can-do attitude of a startup, helping us quickly and efficiently provide essential products and services to our customers. We believe in a collaborative, fun environment that gets the job done—delivering results while fostering camaraderie and growing careers.
Customers are King! Each and every day the Customer Success Team works to ensure that are clients are maximizing the value they are receiving from PitchBook. Onboarding, training, support, business development and renewals are handled by the Customer Success team. We believe in doing whatever it takes to make our customers successful and the CS team drives that success every day.
As an Account Manager for Middle Market accounts, you’ll be managing clients that are of strategic importance. Account Managers work to drive value that leads to expansion, renewals and customer satisfaction. You will be dedicated to finding additional opportunities within current client accounts by establishing lasting relationship with key decision makers.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Acts as primary point of contact and business partner for a dedicated portfolio of clients via in-person meetings, phone and/or email
- Identifies growth opportunities to expand existing user base within portfolio of accounts to achieve and consistently exceed sales and retention goals
- Conducts client demonstration sessions designed to address the individual needs of the account and end user with a consultative approach
- Works collaboratively with a designated Customer Success Manager to strategize on account retention and growth opportunities
- Goes above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction with quarterly business reviews and continual product education
- Has an appreciation for the PE / VC marketplace and the ability to learn, comprehend, and demonstrate why and how each of our client types engages with our product and our data
Qualifications and Skills:
- Has experience with Salesforce or other CRMs to forecast sales and maintain updated records of client interactions
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills with a keen eye for detail
- Has at least two (2) years of sales or account management experience;
- Has a BA / BS degree
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world’s meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape—including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people—so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.