Business Development Executive
In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in New York, Seattle, San Francisco, London and Mumbai. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry’s leading source of private market data, serving more than 4,000 clients around the world.
PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it’s something we work on every day.
Located in the Flatiron District, our NYC office is a major driver of PitchBook’s growth and production. Building on a rich tradition—but emphasizing innovation—the office shares characteristics with PitchBook and the financial technology industry itself. The reimagined space offers a warm, vibrant environment while fostering collaboration and camaraderie for our hard-working team. Our NYC office presents an opportunity to be part of a truly disruptive financial data provider in the heart of the financial universe.
About the Role:
Business Development at PitchBook is the engine that drives our growth and our sales team leads the way. Our Business Development Executives are instrumental in ensuring the ongoing expansion of our business. This is a highly visible role that makes a direct and significant impact.
PitchBook is a complex product with a highly sophisticated clientele of financial market professionals. Success comes from your ability to genuinely connect with and uncover the needs of a potential client and to match those needs with the countless business applications that PitchBook can provide This takes a highly consultative, intelligent, hard worker who will go the extra mile to ensure that we’re matching pain points to solutions.
Are you someone with a genuine interest in learning the complexities of the private capital market? Are you someone who is going to work hard day in and day out? Are you someone that loves to build rapport and relationships? Are you eager to help professionals, all the way to the C-Suite, find a product that can genuinely help with their key business decisions? Are you tenacious, outgoing, and a great communicator? If so, we should talk how you might contribute to the Business Development team at PitchBook!
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Work closely with our inside sales team on understanding potential new clients, and also with our client development / account management team to ensure a successful client relationship
- Independently prospect new business opportunities, including building their own referral networks with potential and current clients
- Our sales team is world-class and loves to boast about our product. We frequently challenge ourselves with fun sales competitions and work hard to reward the efforts of this mission-critical team. We're moving fast with every day offering the chance to learn and grow professionally in a supportive culture
Skills and Qualifications:
- An appreciation for the PE / VC marketplace and the ability to learn and understand why and how each of our client types engages with our product and our data
- Enjoy networking and talking with new people every day. Terrific at it all the way to the Executive level
- A love of and basic understanding of technology
- Like to work independently, but love being part of a close-knit team that cheers each other on
- Generally at least 3 years of successful outside sales / business development experience, and often times with a technology product
- Experience managing opportunities and workflow using Salesforce.com
- Goal-oriented - they've got quotas to meet and they love to beat them
- Be an excellent articulator and communicator-- both verbally and in written works
- Usually have business or other related degrees
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world’s meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape—including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people—so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.