Content Research Associate
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,000 global employees with offices worldwide, and we’re not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we’re committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About this Role: Are you a naturally inquisitive person who enjoys digging into the details? Are you looking for a role where you can make an impact and gain product operational experience? If so, we’re looking for a Research Associate to join our Content Team. This role will allow you to dive deep into the world of emerging investment spaces, develop taxonomies, lead data quality improvement initiatives, and ensure consistent and accurate data quality. If you want to have high impact on an innovative team, with the opportunity to learn and grow in your career, we’d love to hear from you!
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Conduct research on emerging investment spaces (e.g. Regulatory Technology, Quantum Computing, Cannabis) and create high-level taxonomies and company list aggregations
- Prototype and implement solutions to improve internal tools, helping to make workflows more efficient and comprehensive
- Seek out new collaborations within the company, both to create better visibility for Content Team projects as well as improve our underlying data quality
- Master methodologies related to Content Team research processes, and leverage data to uncover new insights about our team’s workflow
- Ensure data quality related to keywords, descriptions and taxonomies is consistent and accurate.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree BS/BA
- Strong intellectual curiosity; looking for someone who gets excited about learning new things (especially pertaining to business, technology, and current events), and often seeks out such information in their free time
- Excellent oral communication skills necessary to facilitate the sharing of ideas. Must be able to clarify complex ideas eloquently as well as listen attentively to the needs of other stakeholders
- Strong inter-departmental collaborator. You will be required to facilitate complex projects with competing stakeholders
- Display a high degree of initiative in piloting new opportunities, experimenting with unproven projects, and willingness to test hypotheses that may eventually fail
- A process-oriented and analytical mindset is required. Will have to brainstorm and prototype solutions to intricate problems
- Demonstrated ability to construct a long-term vision and set actionable objectives and deliverables in a realistic time frame to accomplish that vision.
- Be comfortable with evaluating both quantitative and qualitative data sets, both in reference to industry analysis and in assessing internal benchmarks and tools
- Be self-directed; will have to sometimes take on projects with minimal assistance or instruction, and still deliver a high-quality result
- Demonstrated ability to work “heads down” for hours at a time to complete a project
- Decisive; able to make judgment calls
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.