Product Manager, Private Data Strategy
In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York, London and Mumbai. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry’s leading source of private market data, serving more than 4,000 clients around the world.
As a five-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it’s something we work on every day.
Our primary home for the last decade, PitchBook’s Seattle office is located just blocks away from Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square. Our headquarters boast stunning mountain views, open collaboration spaces and a startup culture that emphasizes hard work and camaraderie. Working in our Seattle office means growing your career alongside smart, dedicated people in the city where it all began.
- Understand and validate customer’s needs through data analysis, competitive research, and user feedback to help shape our data roadmap
- Conduct targeted customer research and leverage usage data to identify areas of under and over investment in our content
- Create business cases that outline potential improvements we could make to our datasets that align with company strategy
- Conduct customer research to better identify what data attributes drive value for our customers and for what datasets
- Collaborate with our data engineering teams, research teams, and other product managers to better define the datasets PitchBook currently provides
- Research customers and markets to identify and prioritize new datasets and alternative datasets that we should include within PitchBook
- Create buy vs. build strategic evaluation for different technologies on our data platform
- Collaborate with our Research teams to create clear and concise documentation on the relevant scope of our existing datasets
- Conduct user research to better understand customer workflows and the most critical data points required for their need
- Prioritize, track, coordinate and communicate on projects, issues and tasks with internal stakeholders including the Research Team, Marketing team, and the Leadership team
- Continuously improve our external and internal deliverables, and operational processes
Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous experience making strategic decisions for a content-centric product as a product owner or similar role
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance in Mathematics, Finance, Economics, Management or Accounting
- Strong bias for action and urgency to deliver
- Strong attention to detail and a self-starter with the ability to multitask
- Superior analytical, interpersonal, and project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly organized, detailed oriented and proactive
- Strong written and oral communication skills to effectively interact with internal teams, customers and management
- Experience establishing customer-centric requirements and client facing documentation.
- Self-directed: sets and meets deadlines, multi-tasks, and prioritizes
- Willingness to roll up the sleeves and do what is necessary to meet team goals
- Strong interest or familiarity with the financial industry. An understanding of venture capital, private equity, investment management, investment banking, etc.
- Passionate about leveraging customer usage analytics and content engagement data to influence and prioritize content production and content operations
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world’s meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape—including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people—so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.