Account Manager, Small Medium Business
In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in San Francisco, Seattle, New York, London and Mumbai. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry’s leading source of private market data, serving more than 4,000 clients around the world.
PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it’s something we work on every day.
Located in San Francisco's Financial District, our newest office is well-positioned to serve the tech and venture ecosystems in Silicon Valley and beyond. Our team embodies the can-do attitude of a startup, helping us quickly and efficiently provide essential products and services to our customers. We believe in a collaborative, fun environment that gets the job done—delivering results while fostering camaraderie and growing careers.
The Customer Success Team at PitchBook drives relationship management, business development and ensures our customers are KING! PitchBook is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Account Manager (AM) with a passion for technology and an interest in the private equity and venture capital industry.
At PitchBook we work closely together to bring the most accurate, comprehensive data library available to the private equity and venture capital markets. Working at PitchBook means leveraging your skills, your passion, and your desire to accomplish big things and have some fun while you are at it!
The AM will work on accounts that are of strategic importance to PitchBook, and will work on a team to complete all account-related requests and activities. The AM will develop a deep knowledge of their accounts, their client’s industry/sector as well as their day to day business needs.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Acts as the go-to product expert for a dedicated portfolio of clients to ensure they derive value from the PitchBook platform;
- Onboards new users and conducts training sessions designed to meet the individual business needs of each client;
- Reviews customer health and usage data to identify opportunities to improve adoption;
- Proactively goes above and beyond to ensure client satisfaction throughout the entire client lifecycle;
- Manages the renewal and upgrade process with each of their assigned accounts;
- Has great verbal and written communication skills with a keen eye for detail;
- Has an appreciation for the PE / VC marketplace and the ability to learn, comprehend, and demonstrate, why and how each of our client types engages with our product and our data;
- Ideally will have at least two (2) years of account management experience;
- Has experience with Salesforce or other CRMs;
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Has a BA/BS degree.
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world’s meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape—including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people—so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.