Software Development Engineer
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,000 global employees with offices worldwide, and we’re not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we’re committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the role:
We’re seeking an energetic, self-driven engineer to join our PBLabs team! PBLabs is a vertically integrated Research & Development team situated within PitchBook’s Product Team. Our mission is to apply cutting-edge machine learning and cloud technology to PitchBook’s core offerings. Our projects include building scalable systems to facilitate machine learning and data collection. Help us to conceptualize, scope and design solutions to extract and process large amounts of data from a multitude of sources!
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Enhancing large-scale distributed systems for website crawling and information extraction
- Enhancing a news pipeline that processes 250,000+ news stories a week
- Using the cloud to create robust and scalable software systems
- Working directly with Product, UX, and Data Science teams in order to build cutting edge tools
Skills and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a similar field
- 2+ years experience developing Python applications
- 2+ years experience using SQL, NoSQL, or other scalable database solutions
- Solid object-oriented design experience
- An understanding of RESTful design
- Experience writing multithreaded applications
- Practice with shell scripting and Unix environments
- Experience with web technologies (HTML, JS, CSS, etc.)
- Preferred Skills:
- Working with containers (e.g. Docker)
- Using container orchestration software (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Utilizing cloud based technologies such as AWS, GCP, Azure, or similar
- Experience writing and/or using web crawlers
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.