Senior Software Engineer
For over 21 years, we have been helping define what’s next in real-world interactions by creating, co-developing, and bringing to life cutting edge games and working with premier video game publishers. Through the lens of game science, design, art, and technology, we create transformational games, products and solutions for entertainment and enterprise. We harness the power of play because it affords us the opportunity to vanquish and conquer, but also unify and restore. We live to stir the imagination, enhance the power of the mind, advance possibility, and bring people together. Because games offer transcendence, and the best way to change our world is to build new ones altogether.
This person solves the most difficult engineering problems and can supervise entire teams of engineers. The incumbent would be expected to work independently for extended periods and support the business needs of the studio.
Essential Job Functions
- Write code in C++, C# or Python
- Work with commercial game engines
- Solve complex engineering problems that may require new or novel solutions.
- Read game design documents, and assist designers in the scoping and refinement of design
- Design and implement entire game systems
- Schedule, estimate, and plan tasks for entire projects
- Locate, triage, and fix bugs
- Collaborate with artists, designers and producers as necessary
- Push the studio’s technology and adoption of new techniques
- Work with studio management to meet the studio’s business goals
- Lead large teams of engineers when required
- Perform management functions when assigned direct reports
- Mastery of C++ and C#
- Knowledge of development tools such as IDEs, debuggers, profilers, and revision control systems
- Extensive knowledge of all facets of game development
- Ability to manage a large team of engineers
- Knowledge of common DCC tools used to create games (Max, Maya, Photoshop, etc.)
- Facility with either Unity or Unreal (preferably both)
- Must be accepted as a technical leader in their area
Demonstrated Ability To
- Solve complex engineering problems that require multiple engineers
- Work independently for extended periods
- Lead large teams of engineers
- Produce technical design documents and standards
- Meet deadlines and ship products
Education & Experience Required
- A BS in computer science or related field (mathematics, physics, engineering) and at least 7 years industry experience or, 10 years industry experience
- Should have worked on multiple shipped titles on at least 2 different platforms through all phases of development
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Employer Paid Life Insurance Policy
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 17 Paid Holidays in 2022
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Club Discounts
- Annual Company Events
- Project Wrap Parties
Pipeworks Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Pipeworks Studios recognizes the importance of creating an environment where all our employees feel included and empowered to bring ideas to the table. We value each employee’s unique experiences and perspectives across our company and recognize that it is both the smart and right thing to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization.
By diversifying our workforce, increasing equity, and ensuring that our individual differences are valued, we are better able to deliver an experience that reflects, inspires, and connects with our audience... because games are for everyone!
Go to Pipeworks.com to see some of our continued efforts and our 2020 Diversity Report.