Senior Software Engineer (Remote/Hybrid)
You may not know us, but you certainly know our clients: Microsoft, Sony, Activision, Square and many others. At Pipeworks, we create innovative, best-selling, cross-platform live games for top-tier publishers and properties. We have been creating hits since 1999, and we are seeking exceptionally talented and entrepreneurial game creators as we lead into the future of digital entertainment.
- This person solves the most difficult engineering problems and can supervise entire teams of engineers. The incumbent would be expected to work independently for extended periods and support the business needs of the studio.
- Essential Job Functions
- Write code in C++, C# or Python
- Work with commercial game engines
- Solve complex engineering problems that may require new or novel solutions.
- Read game design documents, and assist designers in the scoping and refinement of design
- Design and implement entire game systems
- Schedule, estimate, and plan tasks for entire projects
- Locate, triage, and fix bugs
- Collaborate with artists, designers and producers as necessary
- Push the studio’s technology and adoption of new techniques
- Work with studio management to meet the studio’s business goals
- Lead large teams of engineers when required
- Perform management functions when assigned direct reports
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications in a job description. Our top priority is finding the best candidate for the job and if you are interested in the position, we would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of the qualifications below.
- Mastery of C++ and C#
- Knowledge of development tools such as IDEs, debuggers, profilers, and revision control systems
- Extensive knowledge of all facets of game development
- Ability to manage a large team of engineers
- Knowledge of common DCC tools used to create games (Max, Maya, Photoshop, etc.)
- Facility with either Unity or Unreal (preferably both)
- Must be accepted as a technical leader in their area
- Demonstrated Ability To
- Solve complex engineering problems that require multiple engineers
- Work independently for extended periods
- Lead large teams of engineers
- Produce technical design documents and standards
- Meet deadlines and ship products
Education & Experience Required
A BS in computer science or related field (mathematics, physics, engineering) and at least 7 years industry experience or, 10 years industry experience
Should have worked on multiple shipped titles on at least 2 different platforms through all phases of development
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Employer Paid Life Insurance Policy
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 17 Paid Holidays in 2022
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Club Discounts
- Annual Company Events
- Project Wrap Parties
Pipeworks Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Pipeworks Studios recognizes the importance of creating an environment where all our employees feel included and empowered to bring ideas to the table. We value each employee’s unique experiences and perspectives across our company and recognize that it is both the smart and right thing to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization.
By diversifying our workforce, increasing equity, and ensuring that our individual differences are valued, we are better able to deliver an experience that reflects, inspires, and connects with our audience... because games are for everyone!
Pipeworks provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Go to Pipeworks.com to see some of our continued efforts and our 2021 Diversity Report.