Software Engineer, Madden NFL
For over 21 years, we have been helping define what’s next in real-world interactions by creating, co-developing, and bringing to life cutting edge games and working with premier video game publishers. Through the lens of game science, design, art, and technology, we create transformational games, products and solutions for entertainment and enterprise. We harness the power of play because it affords us the opportunity to vanquish and conquer, but also unify and restore. We live to stir the imagination, enhance the power of the mind, advance possibility, and bring people together. Because games offer transcendence, and the best way to change our world is to build new ones altogether.
As a software engineer, you will work within a team located on-site at our office in Eugene, Oregon (though we are all are still working remotely for the time-being) and collaborate with our partners at EA Tiburon. Come make your mark on one of the most popular video game franchises ever – Madden NFL!
All experience levels are welcome to apply.
- Write code to implement new features and fix bugs, leveraging EA’s Frostbite engine
- Before making large changes, you’ll write technical documentation, then solicit and incorperate feedback from other engineers
- Once you develop domain knowledge, you’ll be expected to be a resource for others on your team in that domain
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Some C++ coding experience
- Ability to realize when you're stuck and not hesitate to reach out to others for help (this will likely happen often - the codebase is huge)
- Passionate Madden NFL gamer
- Excellent C++ coding skills
- Professional experience as a Software Developer/Engineer
- Experience with:
- Working in large codebases
- Flash-based UI systems (e.g. Scaleform)
- Developing on PS4 and Xbox One platforms
- EA's Frostbite engine
- SQL/MySQL knowledge
- Client-server networking
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Employer Paid Life Insurance Policy
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 17 Paid Holidays in 2022
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Club Discounts
- Annual Company Events
- Project Wrap Parties
Pipeworks Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Pipeworks Studios recognizes the importance of creating an environment where all our employees feel included and empowered to bring ideas to the table. We value each employee’s unique experiences and perspectives across our company and recognize that it is both the smart and right thing to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization.