Sr. UI/UX Artist
You may not know us, but you certainly know our clients: Microsoft, Sony, Activision, Square and many others. At Pipeworks, we create innovative, best-selling, cross-platform live games for top-tier publishers and properties. We have been creating hits since 1999, and we are seeking exceptionally talented and entrepreneurial game creators as we lead into the future of digital entertainment.
Pipeworks Studios is looking for a meticulous UI/UX Artist that is curious about why people do what they do, and loves delivering good user experiences. This role will be a part of a large project that needs a UI artist to implement engaging UI/UX designs.
Essential Job Functions
- Create pre-production art plans for new or existing UI
- Work with Design to translate product strategy and user requirements into full-fledged user experiences
- Create pixel perfect mockups, user flow diagrams, and interactive prototypes to convey complex interactions
- Work with our Engineering/Design team to collaborate on turning mockups into functional art in the game
- Must be willing to give direction and work strongly as a manager of other UI artists
- Think beyond projects and look at the studio organization of UI/UX process, libraries and current/new software and techniques
Studies have shown that individuals from gender underrepresented communities and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications in a job description. Our top priority is finding the best candidate for the role and we would encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every one of the qualifications below.
- Strong understanding of motion graphics style animation to enhance the UI experience
- At least a mid-level understanding of Unity
- Strong interest in the industry and a desire to make games
- Ability to plan and organize UI for both UI artist as well as other departments.
- Ability to work as part of a game team
- Ability to concept and create inspirational art for project direction
- Plus: Understanding of 3D art
Demonstrated Ability To
- Make quality decisions that improved the project’s act/direction
- Work with other artists to achieve project goals
- Ship a title with accurate time estimation and the adaptation of direction based on needs
- Want to continually build your knowledge in the UX area by staying abreast of best practices and current trends
- Understand what users do, not just what they say and figure out the best way to deliver on their actions
Education & Experience Required
HS Diploma a must, BA degree preferred. Must have a base foundation of graphic design/motion graphics and a minimum of 5 years experience in the industry.
Candidate should provide portfolio of art that they have created or directed and a resume detailing the projects/studios that they have been a part of.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Employer Paid Life Insurance Policy
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 17 Paid Holidays in 2022
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Club Discounts
- Annual Company Events
- Project Wrap Parties
Pipeworks Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Pipeworks Studios recognizes the importance of creating an environment where all our employees feel included and empowered to bring ideas to the table. We value each employee’s unique experiences and perspectives across our company and recognize that it is both the smart and right thing to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization.