Game Designer III
You may not know us, but you certainly know our clients: Microsoft, Sony, Activision, Square and many others. At Pipeworks, we create innovative, best-selling, cross-platform live games for top-tier publishers and properties. We have been creating hits since 1999, and we are seeking exceptionally talented and entrepreneurial game creators as we lead into the future of digital entertainment.
Pipeworks is looking for an experienced design lead to join us in helping define a new social interactive space. We’re working with Genvid Enterntainment and DJ2 Entertainment to realize their vision for a new Massively Interactive Live Event set within a brand-new expression of a rich fictional universe with nearly 90 years of storytelling to draw from. This is an exciting opportunity to create something new within something classic.
MILEs are a cloud based interactive streaming experience that gives an unbound audience of viewers their own persistent identity and collective capacity to shape a live narrative and world.
The Game Designer III is a deeply experienced industry professional that contributes to the project as consultation/review, direct contributor, and/or lead. This includes collaborating with stakeholders and clients across disciplines and projects.
Essential Job Functions
- Report to and work with the Design Manager to identify and implement tactics for design in-line with the studio’s creative strategy
- Act as project, system, or content lead or contributor with proven ability to collaboratively create, communicate, and manage tasks for self and project staff
- Communicate with external stakeholders, including clients, per project requirements
- Help to identify ways to maintain and grow the creativity and efficiency of the design team
- Some travel may be required for projects, conditions permitting
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications in a job description. Our top priority is finding the best candidate for the job and if you are interested in the position, we would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of the qualifications below.
- Strong Leadership abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in managing complicated projects
- Current/up-to-date experience in Unity, Unreal, or equivalent, including source control
- Familiarity w/ Jira, Confluence, or equivalent task tracking and collaborative environments
- Good people skills
- Demonstrated Ability To
- Show exceptional deductive reasoning skills
- Communicate effectively with all levels of staff, both written and verbal
- Work with and lead teams, including taking direction and inspiring others
- Assist in solving problems in resourceful and beneficial ways
- Organize and communicate complex systems and data, with an attention to detail
- Work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Be flexible to changing priorities
- Ability to lead teams and 3rd parties remotely
Education & Experience
- 8+ years relevant work experience in Game Design
- 2-4+ titles shipped as a Lead (dependent on project scale)
- Preferred: candidates that have shipped games on multiple platforms, including Console, PC, Mac, iOS, Android, and Web
- Preferred: 2+ years experience in a Live Operations environment including the ongoing implementation of features and content
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Employer Paid Life Insurance Policy
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 17 Paid Holidays in 2022
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Club Discounts
- Annual Company Events
- Project Wrap Parties
Pipeworks Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Pipeworks Studios recognizes the importance of creating an environment where all our employees feel included and empowered to bring ideas to the table. We value each employee’s unique experiences and perspectives across our company and recognize that it is both the smart and right thing to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization.
By diversifying our workforce, increasing equity, and ensuring that our individual differences are valued, we are better able to deliver an experience that reflects, inspires, and connects with our audience... because games are for everyone!
Pipeworks provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Go to Pipeworks.com to see some of our continued efforts and our 2021 Diversity Report.