You may not know us, but you certainly know our clients: Microsoft, Sony, Activision, Square and many others. At Pipeworks, we create innovative, best-selling, cross-platform games for top-tier publishers and properties. We have been creating hits since 1999, and we are seeking exceptionally talented and entrepreneurial game creators as we lead into the future of digital entertainment.
The VFX Artist will work closely with the Art Lead to support various projects on their VFX art needs within style ranges from cartoony to realistic in an efficient way for each platform.
Essential Job Functions
- Create stunning visual effects that support any given project in a timely manner.
- Investigate and test optimal approaches for each platform that hit the highest quality within the given rule sets.
- Understand what the Art Lead requires for the project then research, develop and implement it in engine
- At least 1-2 years experience in a similar role
- Understanding of particle effects in engines as well as Maya and/or Max
- Unity experience is a must; Unreal familiarity a benefit
- Ability to create 3D and 2D elements both in 3D software and 2D software
- Understanding of "artistic concepts" to work off of
- Ability to assess big suggestions and come up with creative compromise solutions.
- A readiness to explore multiple solutions to multiple problems simultaneously, and a willingness to - occasionally - have work discarded.
- Strong understanding of motion and physics.
- Works closely with technical art to develop new or improved upon techniques to improve visual quality
- Ability to keep a clear and consistent schedule.
- Strong communication ability
- Gives strong estimates for project planning
- Works with other departments as needed
- Understanding of bug fixing and investigation
Demonstrated Ability To
- Make strong visual impactful moments that show a strong understanding of both real and cartoony visual effects
- Work in a self organized way so they feel empowered
- Work effectively with other artists and engineers to achieve project goals
- Solve problems to the benefit of the project/team
Education & Experience Required
Any degree or certification in both Art and Physics or equivalent work experience.
Candidate should provide portfolio of art that they have created or directed and a resume detailing the projects/studios that they have been a part of.