Game Designer - MetaTeq, Purpose-Driven Games
Pipeworks Studios is seeking a passionate Game Designer to join our team on-site in Eugene, OR to work on purpose-driven games.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop concepts and treatments for various projects.
- Lead a team to create an end-to-end educational environment for students, teachers, and administrators
- Create UX flow for all types of users
- Manage and integrate art staff to produce polished look & feel
- Design & oversee insight dashboards for student, class, and learning objective metrics
- Contribute design assets and implementation during each phase of a project cycle Interest in human-performance metrics
- Help drive collaboration by communicating ideas and soliciting feedback from other disciplines
- Provide input into defining creative vision and technical specs
- Develop, or assist in the development of, project proposals
- Create and/or updates design documents
- May provide mentorship to some team members
- Has relevant experience in system and/or content design
- Understands the tech limitations and opportunities for current engines and platforms
- Actively plays games and is engaged with the modern gaming landscape
- Has supported a title in public beta, early access and/or post-launch live
- Knowledge and understanding of analytics and data visualization.
- Broad experience with game motivation, UX, and student evaluation processes
- Comfortable with very detail-driven specifications
Demonstrated Ability To
- Communicate effectively with all levels of staff
- Display an understanding of analytic and data visualization skills
- Solve problems in resourceful and beneficial ways
- US Citizen (due to project requirements)
Education & Experience Required
Candidate should have five (5) of more years of Game Design and leadership experience.