- Patients & Family
- Treatment & Therapies
- While You're Here
- Life After Treatment
Start Your Recovery Now
Reserve A Bed
Overcoming addiction can be difficult and challenging, but you don’t have to do it alone. We’re here for you every step of the way—let us help you start your journey toward a better life and lasting recovery.
Take the first step to recovery that lasts.
To reserve a bed, please answer the following questions. After processing your submission, including insurance information, our patient contact center will send you a notification to confirm your reservation. Thank you.
Case Manager (CSAC)
Summary: This position shall oversee clinical aspects of a patient’s treatment program. It is responsible for the coordination and continuity of care from admission through discharge and follow-up of the patients. This position will provide service delivery that is aligned with the agency’s mission.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure the timely completion of patient databases, treatment plans, progress notes, discharge summaries, and other essential documentation in accordance with applicable federal, state, and accrediting body standards as well as agency policies and procedures.
- Provide patients with orientation to the program regarding objectives, levels of care, expectations and requirements, hours of services, patient rights, and additional information to help patients adjust to the program.
- Ensure each patient is assessed and placed at the appropriate level of care in accordance with federal and state standards as well as agency policies.
- Conduct individual, group, and family counseling as needed
- Teach psychoeducation groups as needed
- When necessary, provide crisis intervention for patients using programmatic tools.
- Work with pre-contemplative patients to enhance motivation for change.
- Regularly coordinate and communicate with referral resources, family, and other entities important in the lives of patients in order to gather collateral information and coordinate treatment.
- Arrange referrals to other agencies and resources in the community when appropriate.
- Perform treatment plan reviews.
- Participate in treatment team presentations and meetings.
- Develop and increase knowledge of federal, state, accrediting body and agency rules and regulations that govern and guide treatment practices.
- Secure necessary documentation from patient, when appropriate, to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Submit monthly and quarterly quality improvement reports to supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least a 4 year degree and a CSAC, or a master’s degree in social work, counseling, psychology, marriage and family therapy with a state licensure or resident in counseling
- Case Managers shall be licensed or certified by the applicable Virginia Health Registry Board or eligible for this license or certification.
- Have a working knowledge of Motivational Interviewing, the ASAM Dimensions, Self Help Recovery Support Programs such as AA, NA, DRA, SMART, and Medication Assisted Treatment
- Skilled in individual, group, and family counseling
- Ability to teach psychoeducation groups
- Ability to navigate technology to include, but not limited to, email, Word, Excel, and an EHR
- Excellent verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience in a treatment environment for substance use disorders, to include medication assisted treatment, preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.