Healthcare Informatics Specialist
Summary/objective: The Healthcare Informatics Specialist, will be responsible for the distribution and explanation of key operational metrics that will be used by facility directors to drive excellence at their location. This position is critical to the effectiveness of corporate reporting. Working collaboratively with staff throughout the organization, the Healthcare Informatics Specialist will maximize the data capabilities to support the Company’s decision making.
Essential functions: Essential functions, including how an individual is to perform them and the frequency with which the tasks are performed; the tasks must be part of the job function and truly necessary or required to perform the job.
- Project Management
- Manage calendar and coordination of monthly and quarterly meetings
- Communicate deadlines to staff involved in the project
- Track progress and communicate obstacles to leadership
- Collaborate with management to improve each project
- Presentation Preparation
- Prepare presentation materials in PowerPoint
- Improve the existing template
- Healthcare Reporting
- Understand the healthcare revenue cycle
- Highlight key takeaways from detailed reports
- Distribute reports to site leadership and converse about trends
- Serve as a friendly resource that can help with anything
- Develop tools to make staff successful in the process
Competency: knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Strong communications skills – strong verbal and written communication skills that support the ability to interact professionally both internally and externally with people at multiple levels of an organization to advocate for projects and achieve favorable results
- Collaborative – ability to work with people from multiple internal departments to drive performance
- Process management skills – ability to assess and refine the data collection process to optimize results; ability to identify inefficiencies and develop solutions
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work under deadlines
- Self-motivated – ability to take initiative on reoccurring projects with little to no direction
Supervisory responsibilities: The Healthcare Informatics Specialists has no direct reports but is responsible for the success of company-wide initiatives.
Work environment: This position is located at our corporate offices in Mt. Laurel in a shared space, normal indoor conditions apply.
Position type and expected hours of work: This position requires full time work during normal business hours of 8:00 AM-5:00 PM.
Travel: The work can be done in the office most of the time on special occasions the specialist may be asked to come to an off-site meeting. 0-20% Travel required.
Required education and experience: Education and experience based on requirements that are job-related and consistent with business necessity.
- BS/BA Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business, Communications
- 1-2 years of progressive experience in Healthcare
- Experience working with an electronic health records system (EHR)
Preferred education and experience: Preferred education and experience based on requirements that are job-related and consistent with business necessity.
- Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.