This individual is responsible for performing all reception, secretarial/clerical aspects of the program including greeting clients and cash collection, and to promote Performance Improvement and service delivery that is aligned with the agency’s primary mission
- Welcome visitors/patients by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries;
- Responsible for cash collection and daily balancing;
- Maintain security by following procedures, monitoring logbook; checking in visitors, etc.;
- Coordinate appointments for clients and staff;
- Manage Accounts Receivable/Accounts payable/deposits;
- Minimum high school diploma
- 1-3 years’ experience in office setting; experience in medical field a plus;
- Must have exceptional customer service skills
- Must have exceptional computer skills
We offer a competitive salary along with a full benefits package, paid time off, and the opportunity for professional development and advancement.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.