Counselor - IOP
Primary responsibility includes providing substance abuse counseling for assigned clients including individual, family and group therapy.
- Interface with the director and other program staff in the decision-making process involving clients to include attending all clinical meetings.
- Assess the counseling needs of the client
- Assessing client for substance abuse diagnosis using DSM criteria in determining the appropriate level of care based on ASAM criteria
- Obtain previous records that are relevant to the current treatment episode
- Preparing the substance abuse counseling portion of the client treatment plan
- Providing the substance abuse counseling services specified in the client treatment plan.
- Development of the client discharge/continuum of care plan to ensure movement to the appropriate levels of care.
- Participating fully as a member of a multidisciplinary team for assigned clients
- Documenting all counseling and education services, assessments, reassessments, referrals and follow-up in the client’s clinical record.
- Maintain client caseload (including all case management and utilization review updates). Treatment planning duties and clinical charting as required.
- Provide coordination of support services for the client/family and record the services provided in the client’s clinical record.
- Reassessment of the client and revision of the substance abuse counseling portion of the client treatment plan.
- Facilitate family therapy as assigned
- Contact and coordination with referral sources, (i.e. legal, school, employer, etc.)
- Facilitate needed interventions for crisis-orientated issues utilizing a multi-disciplinary team approach for assigned clients.
- Carry out administrative and clinical functions as requested.
- Act in accordance with Recovery Works policies and federal confidentiality laws (42-CFR, Pt 2)
- Will assist with admissions
- Bachelor’s Degree, Licensure (LAC, LCAC, LACA, LCACA, LMHC), and 1-2 years experience in a substance abuse and/or related field, or
- Master’s Degree in a related field
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.