Human Resource Coordinator - Talent Operations
The Human Resource Coordinator will support, organize and carry out human resource projects and processes. The role will work directly with and assist the Human Resources Director to fulfill a variety of tasks to include record-keeping, file maintenance/auditing, and HRIS data entry.
- Organize, maintain, and update employee information to include: earning rates, leave of absences, promotions, terminations, etc. as needed in HRIS (Human Resource Information System).
- Assist with preparation of materials (self-assessment and evaluations) for employee performance reviews.
- Conduct or assist with record audits and mandatory reports, which may include I-9 audits, EEO-1 filings, payroll audits, and other reviews.
- Assists with pre-boarding and onboarding tasks as needed.
- Process terminations and prepare termination letters for mailing.
- Copy, mail, scan, and email documents as needed.
- Maintain compliance with required federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Assist with quarterly auditing of electronic personnel files to include; licensure, background checks, resume, applications, etc.
- File and code documents in electronic personnel files.
- Respond to requests for verification of employment.
- Assist with employee recognition items.
- Adhere to company HR policies, processes, practices, and current employment laws and regulations.
- Under the leadership of the HR director, be a vital source of human resources information, answering any questions employees may have with an appropriate level of prioritization and urgency.
- Provide support with special projects in collaboration with or under the direction of the HR Director.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Competency (knowledge, skills and abilities):
- Energetic personality with approachable demeanor and the ability to work autonomously and in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to engage in positive interactions (including problem-solving) with all levels of employees.
- Customer service focused with excellent follow-up skills.
- Working understanding of human resources principles, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to be a change agent.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to engage in conflict resolution with employees, and route concerns to the appropriate individual(s) within the Company.
- Associate’s degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience as an HR Coordinator or relevant human resources/administrative position.
- 1 year of experience working in a behavioral health setting.
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, and respond to direction.
- Professional demeanor required.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, to provide accurate communication to staff.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office products (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Preferred education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- 2 years’ experience working in a behavioral health setting.
- HR Certification (i.e. PHR, SHRM-CP).
- Experience with HRIS systems (i.e. UltiPro).
- Multi-state knowledge of state & federal employment laws.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.