To administer and coordinate medical services necessary for all clients within the Facility; assist and be responsible for clients during appointments. To promote Performance Improvement and service delivery that is aligned with the agency’s primary mission.
- Works as part of the intake team to ensure clients are seen promptly.
- Obtain lab work, and urine drug screens.
- Observe same sex urine samples, test onsite and package for laboratory.
- Ensure the treatment plan of the physician or Medical Director is being followed.
- Giving and interpreting Mantoux Testing.
- Makes appointments for clients to see physician, provide lab work and referrals for additional follow up care.
- Assists in training staff in medical and health and safety matters as well as assisting in properly maintaining medical equipment.
- Maintain and keep updated all medical records and documentation pertaining to the clients.
- Maintain contact with community medical personnel.
- Purchasing and ordering of medical supplies.
- Educates clients about methadone maintenance and detoxification as well as side effects and provides education to clients on lab results and all medical matters.
- Assists in education with pregnant patients about prenatal care and assists primary counselor in coordinating outside services as needed.
- Assists Office Manager with front desk duties.
- Other duties as assigned by the Management Team.
- Certification as Medical Assistant or Registered as Medical Assistant in Ohio
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.