The Cook is a part of a team and is responsible for at least three (3) meal preparations a day.
- Prepare nutritional meals by following the dietitian-approved menus provided.
- Document weight all food cooked, number of servings, number of clients, number of staff and guests, whether it is USDA or not, on Production List and Meal Count Sheet.
- Maintain the temperatures of all cooling units on a daily basis.
- Once a month an inventory must be done all food and supplies.
- The food houses must be cleaned at least once a month, checking for damaged or spoiled food.
- Must follow all Health Inspection Codes.
- Maintain record of all food that is damaged, spoiled or destroyed.
- Responsible for all necessary cleaning of the kitchen on a daily basis including: washing dishes, wiping down cabinets, cleaning the dining room, sweeping etc.
- Preparation of extra snacks that are used throughout the evenings.
- Attend all training directly associated with their position and duties.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Previous cooking experience in hospitality, healthcare or residential services preferred
- Prior experience in preparing and serving 3 meals a day for at least 42 residents and staff
- Able to pass background check and drug test
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.