Case Manager (CSAC)
Summary: This position shall oversee clinical aspects of a patient’s treatment program. It is responsible for the coordination and continuity of care from admission through discharge and follow-up of the patients. This position will provide service delivery that is aligned with the agency’s mission.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure the timely completion of patient databases, treatment plans, progress notes, discharge summaries, and other essential documentation in accordance with applicable federal, state, and accrediting body standards as well as agency policies and procedures.
- Provide patients with orientation to the program regarding objectives, levels of care, expectations and requirements, hours of services, patient rights, and additional information to help patients adjust to the program as needed.
- Communicate with referral and family and other resources in accordance with federal and state standards as well as agency policies.
- Conduct individual, group, and family sessions as needed per role
- Teach psychoeducation groups as needed
- When necessary, provide crisis intervention for patients using programmatic tools.
- Work with pre-contemplative patients to enhance motivation for change.
- Regularly coordinate and communicate with referral resources, medical agencies and community/governmental agencies in order to gather collateral information, participate in case management and coordinate treatment.
- Arrange referrals to other agencies and resources in the community when appropriate.
- Perform treatment plan reviews and care coordination.
- Participate in treatment team presentations and meetings.
- Develop and increase knowledge of federal, state, accrediting body and agency rules and regulations that govern and guide treatment practices.
- Secure necessary documentation from patient, when appropriate, to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Submit monthly and quarterly quality improvement reports to supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least a 4 year degree in the field or 1 yr experience in the field.
- Case Managers shall be licensed or certified by the applicable Virginia Health Registry Board or eligible for this license or certification. CSAC-A preferred.
- Have a working knowledge of Motivational Interviewing, the ASAM Dimensions, Self Help Recovery Support Programs such as AA, NA, DRA, SMART, and Medication Assisted Treatment
- Skilled in case management
- Ability to teach psychoeducation groups as needed
- Ability to navigate technology to include, but not limited to, email, Word, Excel, and an EHR
- Excellent verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience in a treatment environment for substance use disorders, to include medication assisted treatment, preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.