Function: To plan and coordinate meals in accordance with the dietician approved menus. Document all necessary information for record keeping.
Promote Performance Improvement and service delivery that is aligned with the agency’s primary mission
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Prepare nutritional meals by following the dietician-approved menus provided.
- Document weight all food cooked, number of servings, number of clients, number of staff and guests, whether it is USDA or not, on Production List and Meal Count Sheet.
- Maintain the temperatures of all cooling units on a daily basis.
- Once a month an inventory must be done all food and supplies.
- The food houses must be cleaned at least once a month, checking for damaged or spoiled food.
- Must follow all Health Inspection Codes.
- Maintain record of all food that is damaged, spoiled or destroyed.
- Responsible for all necessary cleaning of the kitchen on a daily basis including: washing dishes, wiping down cabinets, cleaning the dining room, sweeping etc.
- Preparation of extra snacks that are used throughout the evenings.
- Attend all training directly associated with their position and duties.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager and/or Executive Director
1) High School Graduate
2) Experience in food service preparation
3) Certification in food preparation preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.