Sr. Payroll Specialist
Summary/objective: The Sr. Payroll Specialist prepares and distributes the company’s payroll, prepares and necessary tax documents, and makes sure that all hours, benefits and deductions are logged appropriately and that all payroll accounts remain balanced. Under the supervision of the payroll manager, monitor timesheets making sure all time is entered properly and payroll is completed on an accurate and timely manner.
- Performs daily payroll department operations.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Enters in all Payroll adjustments and PAF’s prior to Payroll Monday processing.
- Work closely with the various locations to ensure open communication between ED’s and payroll department.
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
- Understanding of taxation and garnishment calculations.
- Working knowledge of timekeeping systems.
- Decision making, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Resolve any discrepancies surrounding payroll issues.
- Work cohesively within Pinnacle Treatment Centers network of departments, aligning with interdepartmental initiatives to ensure positive working relationships.
- Assists with year-end reports
- Ability to build relationships with diverse individuals and groups to better serve department needs.
- Understands need for and maintains appropriate confidentiality during all external interactions adhering to both federal and state laws.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Must have general knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Must enter each relationship with a collaborative nature to find middle ground and get employees the access they need.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Understanding of diverse cultures and gender specific issues and the ability to incorporate needs of gender and culturally diverse groups into the organization.
- Possesses knowledge of basic principles of accounting.
Supervisory responsibilities: No
- Transparent and open communication
- Work- life balance
- Training and development focused
- Recognition for hard work
- Strong team spirit
- Moderate noise, very light traffic
- Able to handle a large volume of computer work
- A very small amount of lifting, if any
Position type and expected hours of work: full time, Monday – Friday
7:30-4:30 or 8:00-5:00
Required education and experience:
- High school or GED with at least 5+ years of relevant experience in timekeeping and payroll
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Office
- Experience working in a fast-paced office environment
- Strong work ethic and team player
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential material
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management
Preferred education and experience:
- Associate degree in Accounting/HR preferred
- Working knowledge of ADP, Kronos, E-time, UltiPro is a plus
- Knowledge of taxes and garnishment processes
Additional eligibility qualifications:
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Ability to learn tasks quickly
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
I have received, reviewed and fully understand the above job description. I further understand that I am responsible for the satisfactory execution of the essential functions described therein with or without reasonable accommodation. I understand that my job duties and responsibilities may change on a temporary or regular basis according to the needs of my location or department and if so I will be required to perform such additional duties and responsibilities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.