Provide safe and efficient patient transport to and from various patient care destinations throughout all the facilities, from both an emergent and non-emergent basis. This position promotes the organization's core commitments and demonstrates competency in dealing with patients as well as keeping all facility vehicles well maintained in a manner that promotes client safety.
- Daily communication with Admissions Lead on any transportation issues or concerns.
- Transport patients, paperwork and personal belongings during admissions, dismissals and transfers between facilities in a 15-passenger van.
- Transport patients to meetings, other facilities and appointments as needed
- Pick up new patients.
- Responsible for pickup and delivery of all interoffice mail at all locations.
- Completes a daily transportation log and maintenance log as needed.
- Responsible for the verification and completion of the Transport Payment Form (client approval/signature)
- Assist with general maintenance including oil changes, tire rotations, inspections, tags, etc. if needed.
- Assist in light housekeeping duties if needed.
- Abides by all health and safety guidelines and policies of program and state, federal and accreditation statutes.
- May be assigned other duties as needed.
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Driver’s license and driving record in good standing
- Experience with vehicle maintenance preferred
- Prior patient transport or customer services experience preferred
- Weekend availability is required
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to travel within the state as needed during shift
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- 401K with company match
- Supplemental life insurance, short-term, long-term disability
- Generous PTO
- Flexible work schedule (in most facilities)
- Gradifi Student Loan Refinancing Program
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.