Residential Aide - PT
Handling and serving residents in a manner conducive to their safety, security and comfort. Adhere to instructions issued by Clinical Director and to establish/maintain a therapeutic milieu and routine. Maintain good housekeeping standards within assigned duty areas. Provide maximum resident care services within limits defined by delegated tasks. We need candidates for all three shifts.
- Check in with manager for resident report and receive any added assignment.
- Supervise resident AM/PM care.
- Supervise client medication, charting all incoming medications, coordination with nurse and psychiatrist regarding medication compliance.
- Maintain residents’ schedule for your shift.
- Observe and assure adherence to house rules.
- Monitor all chores and work projects.
- Transport and accompany clients to AA/NA meetings when applicable.
- Drive residents to appointments, community events, day programs as instructed by RN/Manager.
- Meeting client sponsor/contacts. Sign resident out for any outside meeting or functions providing their phone number, destination and approximate time of return.
- Assist with resident personal hygiene when necessary.
- Assist residents with recreational activities and other projects doing whatever possible to promote comfort, security and rehabilitation.
- Random drug screen monitoring of all clients including outpatient as dictated by the schedule provided.
- HS Diploma or GED
- CPR/ First Aid Certification
- Valid Driver’s License with Driving record in good standing
- Prior healthcare experience in Behavioral Health or Substance Abuse preferred
- Course work in mental health – Associate Degree preferred.
- Prior health care experience with patient contact preferred
- Neat appearance and appropriate dress. Genuine interest in caring for residents. Patience and respect when dealing with residents, families, and visitors. Willingness to perform a multitude of tasks.
- Able to pass background check and drug test
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.