Sr. Software Engineer, Tools & Infrastructure
Hello from Pinger! Our market-leading communications products have been downloaded by hundreds of millions of iOS and Android users around the world. Our simple mission is to help individuals and businesses communicate in new and surprisingly simple ways. We are profitable, growing, and are having fun. Pinger is located in downtown San Jose, walking distance to dozens of restaurants and public transit, and is embracing remote work.
We are looking for someone to join our engineering productivity team and help us provide our product engineering teams with the tools to deliver better quality in less time to our users. The ideal candidate will have experience with iOS and Android, CI/CD pipelines, and Jenkins.
- Work across teams with mobile, backend, and web to design and implement CI pipelines
- Provide expertise on CI/CD pipelines, automated version control, artifact management
- Plan and coordinate system upgrades, cutovers, and infrastructure migrations
- Implement elegant monitoring and reporting solutions for engineering teams, including build status and code coverage
- Design, implement and maintain Android, iOS, and Web automation frameworks
- Research and support upcoming OS support for both Android and iOS
- Expand testing throughput by leveraging client simulation and emulation
- Provide high-level input on solving testing challenges, risks, and resource limitations
- Architect solutions for cutting edge testing with the latest software and hardware
- 4+ years of experience with mobile development and maintenance
- Solid understanding of programming and software development principles
- Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects
- Creative thinking, detail-oriented, and ability to communicate well across teams
- Android infrastructure: Kotlin, Java, Espresso, and UiAutomator
- iOS infrastructure: Swift and XCTest
- Experience architecting and maintaining CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins
- Expertise with at least one scripting language such as Yaml, Python, Bash, or Groovy
- Strong understanding of Linux-like environments and CLI
- Familiar with virtualization tools such as Docker or Vagrant
- Experience with version control systems such as Bitbucket, Git, etc.