Sr. Software Engineer (Backend)
Hello from Pinger! Our market-leading communications products have been downloaded by hundreds of millions of iOS and Android users around the world. Our simple mission is to help individuals and businesses communicate in new and surprisingly simple ways. We are profitable, growing and are having fun. Pinger is located in downtown San Jose, walking distance to dozens of restaurants and public transit and is embracing remote work.
The Pinger backend team develops the SaaS platform that drives the backbone of Pinger’s mobile and web communication applications. As Pinger’s backend expands to a mobile-based customer communication platform, we need an engineer who appreciates the balance required to develop new functionality on top of a platform that already serves millions of customers. We are looking for an engineer who enjoys working with a highly motivated team and thrives on complex challenges. As Pinger is one of the top ten telephone companies in the United States, you will gain unique and insightful experiences and the opportunity to make meaningful contributions in the world of telecommunications and mobile applications.
- Develop PHP and Go services in an objected-oriented manner.
- Enjoy writing code using test-driven development.
- Design and document software using Domain Driven Design principles.
- Enjoy thinking outside the box and bringing new solutions to the table.
- Work with product management and other cross-functional engineering teams to develop a platform supporting new smartphone applications.
- MS in Computer Science (or equivalent industry experience).
- Experienced object-oriented software developer with heavy experience in test-driven development.
- 5+ years of experience developing software applications with PHP.
- 2+ years of experience leading projects across development teams.
- Strong verbal and writing skills.
- Experience working with remote co-workers.
- Experience developing a highly available SaaS platform.
- Experience with LAMP stack.
- Experience with Go.
- Used domain driven design successfully in previous work.