Freelance Event Production Assistant
The Production Assistant will support Producers on individual agency projects as contracted in our New York Office. Project management and attention to detail are central to this position. This person must be organized, self-motivated, able to think creatively and quickly, and must be able to approach unique problems in new ways. The ability to work as part of a team is also critical for this position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the execution of multi-channel projects that include live experiential events, video production and social and digital driven initiatives
- Executing project tasks, as directed by Associate Producer(s) and/or Producer(s)
- Researching, sourcing and securing venues and vendors, talent, event staff, premiums etc.
- Scheduling, coordination, and communication between team members across in-house departments (i.e. Creative, Design, Operations) as well as outside organizations/consultants
- Managing simultaneous projects in various stages of a project lifecycle
- Coordinating operational/logistical needs for internal, external and client meetings and presentations
- Balancing supporting producers on mid-sized projects as well as taken on individual projects of smaller scale
- Edit and maintenance of project documentation including; master project and deliverable timelines, production schedules, contact sheets, status reports, agendas, meeting notes etc.
- Participation in brainstorms, team and client meetings and briefings
- Actively track project status and progress - set up meetings and send meeting recaps, next steps
- Learning how to manage up and meet expectations of producers and other team leaders
- Working and managing teams and vendors on-site to ensure the seamless installation and execution of every event/experience
- Ability to travel as we produce projects and events across the country
The ideal candidate:
- Thrives and is successful in a fast paced environment
- Is a self-starter - able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Has experience in the event, marketing, entertainment or advertising industries
- Is proactive and able to take direction
- Has the ability to prioritize and change/shift focus with ease
- Is passionate about what they do and loves to learn
- Is excited by the opportunity to wear multiple hats
- Prior experience as a Production Assistant
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills
- Has worked as a part of a client/project team
- In-office and onsite event management experience
- Flexibility and a smile!