Freelance Event Producer
The Freelance Producer will oversee individual agency projects as contracted, and manage client relationships in our New York Office. Project management and oversight are central to this position. This person must be organized, self-motivated, able to think creatively and quickly, and must be able to approach unique problems in new ways. The ability to work as part of a team is also critical for this position.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Executing multi-channel projects that include live experiential events, video production and social and digital driven initiatives
- Managing client relationships on production related issues, as well as managing client needs and expectations.
- Managing production staff, including assigning individual responsibilities and setting deadlines and deliverables.
- Developing and managing event budgets and project profit margins.
- Managing production schedules and logistics.
- Sourcing venues and vendors and negotiating contracts with venues and vendors.
- Liaising with in-house Design and Operations divisions to reach client goals for each project.
- Obtaining City permits.
- Preparing documents for events, including run-of-show, production schedules, and scripts.
- Wrapping events.
The ideal candidate will:
- Prior event experience with experiential marketing
- Be able to think creatively about a variety of challenges and apply their organizational and managerial skills accordingly.
- Have a broad network of contacts in the field of event production to help attract and keep business.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant event production experience.
- Have experience preparing detailed event budgets.
- Have experience managing client expectations.
- A proven track-record of executing successful productions.
- Experience managing staff.