WHO WE ARE
Invisible Hand is a social Impact and convenings agency that engages in a variety of creative projects, all with the central goal of spinning the world forward to greater equality and inclusion. We fundamentally believe that the power of art and culture—harnessed correctly—can change the world. We believe that companies have a role to play in the bettering of our society. We work with private companies, foundations and individuals. Past and current clients include The Obama Foundation, Diane Von Furstenberg, MAKERS, Audible, Glamour Magazine, The Atlantic, The Women’s March on Washington, and others. Past and current projects include A Day of Unreasonable Conversation, Diane Von Furstenberg #INCharge, MAKERS, Power Moves, Michelle Obama and #TheGirl Project, and others.
Invisible Hand seeks a smart, sharp, highly motivated Executive Assistant to a founder to work closely with both the founder and her team, providing a wide range of professional and personal support. This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to be heavily involved in all aspects of the day-to-day operations (both inside and outside the office) of a successful entrepreneur of a social impact agency.
The Executive Assistant will manage the founder's daily responsibilities as an executive, while also working in conjunction with her team to provide broad support on personal and family projects and ongoing involvement with a variety of external organizations. As such, the candidate must be particularly adept at bridging the gap between relationships inside and outside the company.
The ideal candidate should be extremely organized, self-motivated, flexible, detail-oriented, discreet, and able to problem solve quickly and effectively. The Executive Assistant should have both a strong desire to work in and be someone who thrives in a fast-paced, constantly shifting environment.
This is a great role for someone looking to jump-start their career at a growing startup.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Managing busy professional and personal schedule/calendar, prioritizing appointments based on Entrepreneur's objectives when necessary
- Arranging details and coordinating day-of logistics for all meetings/appointments
- Assisting with background research for meeting preparation
- Coordinating local, national, and international personal and business travel
- Securing reservations and remotely managing travel itineraries (restaurants, hotels, etc.)
- Drafting and managing e-mail and occasionally written correspondence on behalf of the founder
- Managing and organizing founders contacts, address book, meeting database, and filing system
- Coordinating and managing expense reporting
- Placing and tracking personal orders and receiving deliveries at the office and residence
- Running personal and family errands and various other administrative tasks as assigned
- Assisting with property management at founders residence(s) and office, liaising with vendors as necessary
- Planning, managing, and overseeing logistics for personal and professional events at founders residence and outside venues (team off-sites, dinner parties, political fundraisers, etc.)
- Providing team with administrative support for high-level strategic projects
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 1+ years of prior executive/personal assistant experience supporting a senior executive
- Be a highly motivated self-starter and with excellent multi-tasking skills
- Have meticulous attention to detail and diligently follow through on every task given
- Be comfortable interacting with clients and other high-level executives
- Have strong interpersonal and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be methodical in proactively anticipating needs and effectively prioritizing responsibilities
- Work quickly and efficiently, with or without constant supervision
- Seamlessly and fluidly shift between professional and personal tasks
- Have a flexible schedule, with the ability to be available by phone/email on nights and weekends
- Possess excellent judgment, personal discretion, and confidentiality
- Must have a valid and current Driver’s License