Freelance 3D Brand Experience/Environment Designer
This is a unique position for a talented 3D Designer (with some 2D skills), requiring both art direction and executional creative work across a variety of responsibilities. This person will be responsible for designing branded spaces with the supervision of the Design Director.
Their wide range of responsibilities would include; participating in initial brainstorming sessions, developing an original design concept through mood boards and sketches, conducting site visits and surveys, creating floor and flow plans, developing interior and scenic concepts, building 3D models and rendering ideas for presentations, sourcing props and furniture, creating technical drawings for fabrication, laying out simple graphic treatments, preparing files for print and overseeing installations of all design components at the load-in. It is imperative that the designer is a strong communicator and collaborator. They must have basic material/fabrication knowledge and be able to work creatively and effectively within a budget. We are looking for candidates for short and long term freelance with a possibility to transition into a fulltime if positions open up.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a background in scenic/interior design or other spatial design
- Have experience working with brands and brand style guides
- Have basic graphic design skills
- Have experience working with print or fabrication vendors
- Understand materials costs, basic budgeting and value engineering
- Demonstrate excellent time management and the ability to work fast and efficiently under tight timelines—manages stress well
- Be extremely organized and show diligent follow-through on every task assigned
- Be a self-starter and possess the ability to take ownership of their work
- 2+ years professional experience in a related field
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Exceptional collaboration with internal and external teams
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with SketchUp and rendering plug-ins such as Podium or V-Ray.
- Bachelors Degree in Industrial Design, Environmental/Exhibition Design, Architecture, Interior Design or related field
- LOCATED IN OR NEAR NYC