Freelance Creative // Copywriter
MKG is searching for a highly imaginative inspiring freelance Copywriter to generate big ideas. Reporting to the Associate Creative Director, this role will be responsible for supporting the creative process from ideation to development. This person should have the ability to understand the “big picture” and offer macro-level creative solutions to current and prospective clients. Strong experience in brand marketing, sponsorship activation, and client relations is desired. Candidates must demonstrate proven leadership and be passionate about delivering and executing innovative ideas and experiences.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Associate Creative Director on various client projects and agency creative initiatives.
- Working with a strategist to develop creative ideas and programs for MKG’s clients.
- Developing ideas and programs that meet client objectives using a wide arsenal of tools from live events, sponsorships, partnerships, traditional media, social media, technology, and more.
- Driving brainstorm sessions and creating supporting presentation materials
- Working with new business teams to respond to RFPs and new opportunities.
- Working with account teams to develop fresh ideas and plans for existing clients.
- Partnering with a cross-disciplinary team (including designers, strategists, producers, social and digital experts) to help define and execute concept direction and experience strategy
- Working in conjunction with agency design team to bring ideas to life. (NOTE – this is NOT a design position)
- Ensuring creative output is results driven.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have direct experience in brand marketing.
- Have a solid understanding of the experiential marketing and sponsorship landscape.
- Be incessantly curious about the world, culture, and trends that affect our business.
- Have the ability to think creatively about a variety of challenges and challenge the way we think.
- Have a great sense of humor and a positive attitude about stuff that is sometimes not that sweet.
- 5 years of creative experience in an agency environment.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to take an idea from a thought to a full-blown proposal.
- Ability to deliver strong concepts for both physical and digital experiences.
- A proven track-record of taking big picture ideas and concepts and creating campaigns that flow through all marketing channels.
- Experience working on digital marketing, social media, mobile or other digital media.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and public speaking skills.
- Excellent time management and problem-solving abilities
- Must Love Dogs!