MKG is looking for a passionate, driven Producer to join the team!
The position will be responsible for producing large-scale programs for MKG’s New York Office, and also assist the Director of Production in overseeing smaller scale projects and freelance production staff. Project management and oversight are central to this position. This person must be organized, self-motivated, and able to think creatively and quickly, and must be able to approach unique problems in new ways. The ability to work as part of a team is also critical for this position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Skillfully producing large-scale MKGW Events/Programs including, but not limited to:
- Developing and managing event budgets and reconciling budgets post-event; meet profit goals.
- Develop project documentation including deliverable timelines, production schedules, run of
- Sourcing venues and vendors and negotiating contracts with venues and vendors.
- Liaising with in-house Creative, Design and Operations divisions.
- Obtaining City permits
- Managing vendor relationships and deliverables to ensure seamless execution and highest quality.
- Managing day-to-day relationship with the client, strategically meeting client needs and managing expectations.
- Work cross-functionally (internally and externally) to ensure all event collateral, marketing materials, assets, and deadlines are managed
- Working with the Director of Production to:
- Update and enhance MKGW production/operations systems and processes
- On-boarding freelance production staff
- Overseeing freelance staff working on smaller scale programs/events
- Building upon and strengthening existing client relationships
Skills & Requirements:
- 5+ years of relevant event production experience
- Track-record of executing successful productions
- Experience managing client expectations
- Experience managing detailed production budgets (large and small)
- Experience negotiating event related contracts, proposals and agreements
- Be able to think creatively about a variety of challenges and apply their organizational and managerial skills accordingly.
- Experience managing teams
- A broad network of contacts and vendors in event production and hospitality
- Experience hitting (and exceeding) profit targets
- Ability to travel as we produce projects and events across the country and sometimes internationally!
- Experience managing staff