Freelance Senior Event Producer
The Freelance Senior Producer will oversee individual agency projects as contracted, and manage client relationships in our New York Office.
Client and project management/oversight are central to this position as the Senior Producer drives the project and process. This role will manage an internal team - freelance and full-time producers on a project-by-project basis. This person must be organized, self-motivated, able to think creatively and quickly, and must be able to approach unique problems in new ways. The ability to work as part of a team is also critical for this position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing and Executing multi channel projects that include live experiential events, video production and social and digital driven initiatives
- Developing a detailed plan of action leading it through completion and ensuring that the project is running smoothly during all phases.
- Working cross-functionally (internally and externally) to ensure all deliverables and deadlines are identified and managed day-to-day in order to successfully meet expectations and project goals
- Managing production staff, including assigning individual responsibilities and setting deadlines and deliverables.
- Translating creative ideas into project plans and deliverables.
- Ensuring that integrated event solutions are innovative and strategically relevant, building brand equity and delivering results for the client.
- Overseeing the creation and maintenance of critical project tracking and documentation.
- Developing and managing budgets, handling vendor contract and fee negotiations, ensuring billing and invoicing terms and processes are met
- Managing onsite teams to ensure the seamless installation and execution.
- Ability to travel as we produce projects and events across the country!
Project & Client Management
- Ensuring client priorities and objectives are met and maintained throughout the production/execution.
- Leading clear and consistent communication and coordination between team members across in-house departments, outside organizations/consultants and clients.
- Understanding and clearly translating both team and client vision, direction, and needs.
- Managing client needs and expectations, while building and strengthening client relationships.
- Assisting with the development and refining of Statements of Work.
The ideal candidate:
- Has experience managing multiple clients and projects simultaneously
- Is a proactive, thoughtful and strategic thinker
- Thrives in a fast paced environment, is resourceful, self-motivated, extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- Has excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Delivers unsurpassed client and customer service.
- Has excellent prioritization skills and the ability to change/shift focus with ease.
- Has worked with clients in travel, hospitality, lifestyle, beauty, sports, tech and/or entertainment.
- Has a broad network of contacts in the experiential marketing and production industries/fields.
- Minimum 5-8+ years experience as a lead Producer / Senior Producer of experiential marketing events and campaigns.
- Client-facing role within an agency environment.
- Proven track record developing and managing large, complex projects/teams.
- Excellent oral/written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills to effectively work with all levels within the organization in addition to clients, partners and vendors.
- Experience developing and managing seven figure budgets.
- A positive team player and leader who fosters collaboration.
- A love of dogs!