Associate Packaging Engineer
Perrigo Company plc, a leading global healthcare company, delivers value to its customers and consumers by providing Quality Affordable Healthcare Products®. Founded in 1887 as a packager of home remedies, Perrigo has built a unique business model that is best described as the convergence of a fast-moving consumer goods company, a high-quality pharmaceutical manufacturing organization and a world-class supply chain network.
Perrigo is the world's largest manufacturer of over-the-counter ("OTC") healthcare products and supplier of infant formulas for the store brand market.
Looking for a Hands on Packaging engineer with preferably FDA experience to join our US Corporate Headquarters in Allegan MI,
Provides comprehensive package engineering support and packaging component expertise to the company through the design, development, and maintenance of packaging standards for various company and outside sub-contracting product packaging sites.
- Troubleshoots and resolves packaging issues associated with packaging component quality, packaging equipment, and packaging line efficiency, participates in packaging component deviation resolutions, and coordinates, conducts, and documents packaging line trials for new or improved packaging components
- Works closely with other functional areas and multi-functional teams such as Operations, Sales, Marketing, Procurement, Contract Customers, Contract Packagers, Master Data, Art and Quality to launch new products/packages, develops promotions and displays, develops cost savings initiative, and troubleshoots packaging problems.
- Develops and prepares packaging specifications, BOMs and cost estimates.
- Conducts and documents package testing for component approval or troubleshooting.
- Helps identify and support projects relating to process, system, and documentation improvement opportunities.
- Participates in the selection of new equipment and/or tooling.
- Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Engineering or other engineering discipline
- 0 to 6 years of progressively responsible packaging component development experience in an operational environment.
- Pharmaceutical or Medical Device packaging experience.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to develop sound economic analysis, problem solving skills, interpersonal skills, and a commitment to customer service.
- Demonstrated broad knowledge of methods in package design, testing, and packaging materials, tooling, methods improvement, and project management skills.
- Proven ability to work independently toward specific goals and to exercise initiative in identifying new projects and process improvement opportunities.
- Thorough knowledge of cGMPs.
Preferred, but not required:
- Knowledge of USP and CR requirements and test procedures.
- Experience with ArtiosCAD, AutoCAD, TOPS, and SAP.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Due to the highly regulated pharmaceutical industry and legal requirements, you may be subject to post employment background checks.