Director of Communications Strategy
A little about Pereira & O’Dell:
Pereira & O’Dell was founded in San Francisco by PJ Pereira and Andrew O’Dell. In our 9th year we’re widely considered as one of the hottest creative agencies in the industry. We’ve experienced growth and recognition each year we’ve been in business, including two years ago when the kind folks at Fast Company named us the #4 on its list of the ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies in Advertising’ (the first agency on the list). Our NYC office opened 4 years ago and has since been one of the city’s fastest growing agencies. The office has a great, diverse roster of clients which is continuing to expand. We’re looking for an ambitious Director of Communications Strategy who is ready to become a core part of this special thing we’re building.
A little about you:
You have incredibly strong interpersonal and communication skills.
You’re trust-worthy and reliable.
You take great pride in your work ethic.
You seek ownership of projects and understand that you play a key part in their success.
You believe in the power of creativity.
The Director of Communications Strategy, POD NYC is the primary contact within the agency for Communications, Media Strategy, Planning for assigned client brands. This role is responsible for ensuring that all aspects of strategy, planning, and, where necessary, buying and implementation, and also responsible for the management and development of assigned team members, dividing responsibilities, and contributing to agency thought leadership both internally and externally.
The ideal candidate blends a passion for finding new and exciting technologies with an analytical mind that finds efficiencies in even the most straightforward of campaigns. The Director of Communications Strategy builds and presents media recommendations, manages day-to-day media strategy across their accounts, and collaborates closely with Brand Strategy and Creative to create the best possible product. They not only think in standard media channels, but help define messaging across all touch points including online/offline media, client owned channels, social, PR, and partnerships. The Director of Communications Strategy will need to be able to think about the whole picture to make sure EVERY channel works together to create the most powerful consumer experience and delivers against client goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Guiding the growth and direction of the communications strategy function for the NYC office.
- Effective and proven team leadership, management, and development
- Managing all aspects of Communications and Media Strategy for your clients and being knowledgeable about all details of the account, from high-level strategy to the most recent reporting data
- Cultivating a strong understanding of client business goals and marketing objectives, translating them into relevant objectives/strategies
- Working collaboratively with the brand strategists to create briefs, brainstorm on new projects, and act as a partner that brings more media thinking to every opportunity presented
- Being a voice within the agency for new ways of thinking about media. The way we all consume media is changing rapidly, and you get that and have an opinion about it.
- Experience working within tight timelines and collaborating with brand strategy and creative teams, preferably in-house
- An ability to think outside of the box about brand challenges across all Comms
- Experience leading client presentations
- Experience overseeing teammates
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- 10+ years in media planning/communications strategy in a creatively driven agency working in the online space on national brands (note: Some recent experience with media planning/buying is required)
- Experience across the funnel (from Awareness down to DR) preferred
We are growing, and everyone we hire helps shape who we are. If you get excited about change and are seeking an opportunity to join an agency at the forefront of creating it, we’d love to hear from you.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.