Sr. Insights & Data Strategist
JOB TITLE: Sr. Insights & Data Strategist
REPORTS TO: Communications Strategy Director
The Sr. Insights & Data Strategist is responsible for pulling and transforming data sets (from media/social/site/campaign) into actionable insights and data-driven strategies. This role is also responsible for the development of forward-thinking insights derived from this data, social listening tools, etc. to guide strategy and creative.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and ensure alignment on key performance Indicators
- Develop and execute monitoring and measurement plans based on objectives and agreed-upon KPIs.
- Gather data from third-party tools as well as owned channels and native platforms to generate ongoing performance reports
- Analyze data sets (media, social media, etc.) to pull actionable insights and help evolve the overall strategy
- Track community conversations through social listening to identify key influencers, areas of opportunity, content trends, brand sentiment, competitors, and general community insights
- Monitor and track discussion topics for management team; prepare weekly/monthly reports to update staff/clients on predetermined metrics; proactively monitor brand and relevant themes/news stories within the blogosphere and provide suggestions for timely content, assets and conversations within brand communities
- Use online listening, supplemental research and daily community learnings to provide
insights for improving programs and enhancing program successes
- Contribute to the evolution of brand, communication, and social strategies and communicate insights gathered to the assigned Account and Creative teams.
- Partner with Media to synthesize measurement efforts for paid online media placements with social media monitoring and paid and unpaid analytics.
- Drive integrated reporting practices with partner agencies.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with Brand/Comms Strategists and Account Managers to communicate the value of social media monitoring and analytics to clients.
- Lead efforts in developing an online dashboard for clients to view measurement against the defined key performance indicators.
- Participate in new business initiatives as deemed appropriate by the Communications Strategy Director and Chief Strategy Officer.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 4+ years of professional work experience at an interactive, advertising, marketing, media, or technology company (agency preferred).
- Must have a background in analyzing data (site, media, social media) and generating reports, as well as using social listening and monitoring tools to derive insights.
- Ability to translate your research & observations into clear, insightful and visually stimulating presentations that tell a compelling story.
- Strong analytical thinking. Must be able to produce data-driven strategies.
- Experience with Google Analytics and/or Adobe Analytics (Omniture)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to present ideas and information clearly; keen eye for detail also required.
- Collaborative team player able to integrate with a diverse, talented team.